The Highland Creek Parent Teacher Association is a self governing, affiliated local unit of the North Carolina and national PTA. By joining the Highland Creek PTA, you will also become a member of the North Carolina and National PTAs. The National PTA is the largest child advocacy group in the United States and currently has over 6 million parents and concerned adults devoted to the educational success of our children.
Purpose of the PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth, the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The number one reason to join is to benefit your child. Other benefits include making connections with other parents who share your concerns with the education of children and knowing what is happening in your school. Download the attached form and return to your child's teacher.